Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toolbar Items Added Without Permission in IE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

webgs

Programmer
Oct 30, 2001
US
I'm using IE 6. When I go to "View" and then "Toolbars", I have the default items like "Standard Buttons", "Address Bar", "Links", and "Radio". Just under the "Radio" pick, I have a blank space that when checked adds a new toolbar that includes "NET SEARCH", Privacy Rrotection", "Gambling", and a few others. Is there any way I can remove this toolbar from IE? I know others that have had this happen to them. I'm sure it's something that came down from a "soliciting" site of sorts... ;o)

Thanks!

Kento,

The tool bar still appears in my "View - Toolbars" menu after I run the Spybot app. Spybot did find a couple of other nasty apps but not the one I'm trying to get rid of.

Thank you for your help though. I really apreciate it!

There's another setting (altho it seems not in all installs of IE 6.0?) under Tools/InternetOptions/Advanced that says Enable 3rd party browser extensions...uncheck the box...that may help. I've suggested it to others who reported the setting didn't exist for them...if it does for you would be worth a try. It's under the browsing section. I also have unchecked Enable Install on Demand both for IE and other.

Get and run the uninstall program from the first lop.com link I gave above. I think the net search toolbar is installed by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back