Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toolbar Buttons Too Large??? How can I change them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentleygt

Programmer
Feb 24, 2004
US
I'm using PB6.5 and I would like to have my toolbuttons on the toolbar the same size you see in pretty much every windows programs(i.e. window IE, excel, word, etc.)

The size of the buttons in these app's are about 1/4 inch in width and height. However, my PB6.5 app, the toolbuttons are about 1 inch in height and width during runtime.

Is this a PB6.5 restriction? or can I make my toolbuttons any size I want?

When I go into the menu and select the pictures tab, I'm using the stock pictures for the picture name.

Don't know specifically about version 6.5 but my v7 - 8 - 9 apps toolbar icons are about 3/8" square. The bitmaps I use are 18x18 pixels in size. If all else fails you could create your own toolbar user object and use whatever size you wish.

It sounds like you may have the application ToolbarText property set to TRUE. This makes the toolbar buttons larger in order to display a text description (even if no text description has been set in the menu for the toolbar buttons.)

In PB6.5 I think this property must be set in a script. (I do not recall a dialog where it can be set from the Application Painter.) Check the Open scripts for the application or for your main window for a statement setting ToolBarText = TRUE. If you cannot find one, try adding a statement like app.ToolbarText = FALSE (where "app" is the name of your application object) near the end of you application's open process to override wherever it is being set to TRUE.

Thanks for your suggestions!!!

The idea about ToolbarText property corrected the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back