Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Too much space b/w two fields on the screen ...WHy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

request

Programmer
Dec 5, 2001
US
I have a cold fusion page with the following:

<tr>
<th>Copies:</th>
<td>
<input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;copies&quot; value=&quot;<cfoutput>#GetMediaLibraryDetails.copies#</cfoutput>&quot;>
</td>
<th>Copies&nbsp;Available:</th>
<td>
<input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;copiesavailable&quot; value=&quot;<cfoutput>#GetMediaLibraryDetails.copies_available#</cfoutput>&quot;>
</td>
</tr>

For some reason, it is displaying too much space between the text boxes Copies and Copies Available. Why?
What Can i do to fix it?
Please help.

I copied your text, when I view the table, it looks fine to me. Obviously I removed the CFOUTPUTs. It almost sounds like your value from the CFOUTPUTs is a lot smaller in length than the lenght of the actual text box. If that is the case, just change the lenght of the text box.

What is the width of the <table> tag?

Try:

<td nowrap>
<input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;copies&quot; value=&quot;<cfoutput>#GetMediaLibraryDetails.copies#</cfoutput>&quot;>
</td>
<td width=&quot;100%&quot;>
<input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;copiesavailable&quot; value=&quot;<cfoutput>#GetMediaLibraryDetails.copies_available#</cfoutput>&quot;>
</td>

Kris

The <th> tag will center the data <td> will align right. As the width of the table changes (if it is not a fixed width) so to will the spacing within the <th> tag - keeping the data centered. One solution would be to fix the table width, another would be to fix the width of the <th> tag and a third would be to right align the <th> tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back