Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Too many recipients received this hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesFox

Programmer
Aug 6, 2002
US
We have automated sending order acknowledgements and shipping notices to our customers. For some reason a user seems to have reached a threshold because we are now getting a "Delay in delivery" notifications and finally a failure to deliver.

In reviewing the unable to deliver notificatin there is a message "smtp; 452 Too many recipients received this hour" coming from my server?

Does anyone know where that is set or what might be going on

TIA,
Desmond Lloyd
IT Manager
Grand Prairie Accessory Services

I am having this same issue on my Exchange server. It appears to only be happening with a couple of domains. Is it possible that it is the recipient's domain that has the issue?

The e-mails are going to one particular domain, charter.net. I contacted Charter and they told me that it appears that their servers see our domain as SPAM. I believe this may have something to do with Reverse DNS and our PTR record isn't set up properly. I will contact Charter's corporate headquarters to see if I can get it resolved. Just thought I'd share the information for anyone else who may be having this problem.

I have the same exact problem- the recipients are all charter.net domain. Can anyone email me the telephone number where I can reach their ISP department / corporate headquarters ?

Thanks in advance !!!

I am having the exact same issue sending mail to charter from one of my exchange 2003 servers

This is the returned mail info: #4.0.0 smtp;452 Too many recipients received this hour

Here is charters business phone number: 800-314-7195

Charter won't work with any of us individual IT people. They say that we have to go through our ISP and use that as the outgoing mail server or have our ISP contact Charter on our behalf.

if you are running exchange, these should help you out:

Charter can get stuffed, IMHO. If we have our DNS info setup properly, then it's on them to fix a problem they have, not our ISP.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back