Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Too many emails in a mail box!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrang

MIS
Aug 18, 2004
US
Hi guys,
My boss has been using OWA for over a year now (newsgroups and all) and has over 20000 pieces of mail in his mail box..

Is there a way that I can copy his mail box somewhere just for archive purposes or if he needs to peek into some older mail etc.. He wants to start afresh, clean his box and wants to unenroll from those newsgroups that are clogging his mailbox.

Can you gurus please recommend a quick solution for this situation. (Trying to download and delete the mail using outlook express does not work because the system hangs, too much mail i guess..)

Thanks a lot in advance

Why not open MS Outlook and do an archive of all messages older than 1 month or 1 day. Run it once and then disable auto-archive function. I don't think OE is actually hanging but just really taking a lot of time retrieving the messages.

You could also use exmerge to export his mailbox to a pst.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

lander 215..
doesn't the pst have an upper limit on file size.. we are using exchange 200o and outlook express 6..

outlook express???

Just create a filing folder and move everything into it?

Outlook 2000 has a 2GB limit on PST's, yes.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back