Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Too long wait after announcement 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MQH12

Technical User
Aug 2, 2010
US
Can anyone tell me what I may be missing here. After announcement 3616 there is this pause for like 20 seconds, waiting for someone to enter an extension. Is there anyway to shorten that time? I know the announcement ended right after spoken. Is the wait long for everyone? Maybe there is a better way to do this? Thank you in advance.

Number: 26 Name: TEST RNG BK ACD
Multimedia? n Attendant Vectoring? n Meet-me Conf? n Lock? n
Basic? y EAS? y G3V4 Enhanced? y ANI/II-Digits? y ASAI Routing? y
Prompting? y LAI? y G3V4 Adv Route? y CINFO? y BSR? y Holidays? y
Variables? y 3.0 Enhanced? y
01 wait-time 2 secs hearing silence
02 goto step 12 if time-of-day is all 18:00 to all 08:00
03 goto step 12 if time-of-day is fri 18:00 to mon 08:00
04 collect 4 digits after announcement 3616 for none
05 route-to digits with coverage y
06 collect 1 digits after announcement 3690 for none
07 goto step 14 if digits = 1
08 goto step 16 if digits = 2
09 goto step 8 if unconditionally
10 goto step 13 if staffed-agents in skill 38 < 45
11 queue-to skill 45 pri h
12 wait-time 60 secs hearing music

Your step 9 creates a loop if no digits are entered. You might want to change that to goto step 16 instead of step 8.
Other than that, you have a 6 second inter digit timeout on each of your collect steps if no digits are entered.

Rock on, be strong... SG
APDS UC, APDS CC, ACE IP Telephony

The system is waiting for the customer to enter 4 digits. If entering no digits or fewer than 4 the system interdigit timer will wait until either 4 digits are received or the timer expires before it moves on to the next vector step. Pressing a "#" will tell the system to proceed now and not wait for anymore digits or for the timer to expire.

Thank you both.

Is there anyway to cahnge this timer to make it shorter? The interdigit timer?

You can adjust the prompting timeout in change system-features. 4 seconds is the shortest you can set.

Rock on, be strong... SG
APDS UC, APDS CC, ACE IP Telephony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back