Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TONS of FATAL OE EXCEPTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemcrasher

Technical User
Jul 11, 2000
US
Recently, I purchased a TDK CDRW, put in in and from there on I have had trouble. First I noticed a massive slow down in FPS during games. After some troubleshooting, I noticed upon startup that the S.M.A.R.T. Mode2 was disabled?? I went into BIOS and enabled this, frames were fixed and everthing seemed ok. Now I constantly receive the "Blue Screen of Death" when starting the PC up or during games. BEFORE I changed the BIOS I received a Fatal OE @ 013F:0000663D. After I changed the BIOS I received four in a row with complete lock ups!! #1 0028:C7EC6A1C #2 C02A26C @ VXDVWIN32(05) #3 06 @ 0009: 00000037 013F:0000B9A. I know some people know about these damn things, so please someone help! I'm lucky to even get it up to write this message! AMD700, FIC SD11, 128MB RAM, Voodoo5, 5G HD, PCI128 soundcard, RealTek network card, RCA Cable modem, TDK CDRW

Since the lockups started with a hardware addition, you probably should check to make sure your power supply is sufficient. For the configuration you describe you will need a minimum of 300W. It would be best if the PS you get is approved by AMD as the athlon processors are kinda picky about power supplies. Also its never a bad idea to ensure more than adaquate cooling. . . David Moore
dm7941@sbc.com

Thanks for the suggestions. I went back into BIOS disabled the virus protection, seemed to help to death screens. Frame rate has slowed again, with or without Ultra SMART Mode 2 enabled. I have checked the MS site. That's how I knew to disable the virus mode. You guys think I should reinstall WIN98? If that would solve the problem I would do it, but I'm not sure that it will. I'm gonna try it just to see if that will keep away the FATAL Exceptions. I'll keep you posted, by the way, I only have a 250WATT power supply!! Could that really be it??? AMD700, FIC SD11, 128MB RAM, Voodoo5, 5G HD, PCI128 soundcard, RealTek network card, RCA Cable modem, TDK CDRW

Ok, here we go. I have narrowed the problem down.
1)It seems multimedia or game based, UT and AOE2 both have problems.
2)SLOW Frame rates and lockups in UT entire system locks up then I receive the Blue Screen of Death, AOE2 quits displaying (goes back to desktop), but continues playing sounds.
3)I ran UT in Safe Mode and still had a problem.
4)I uninstalled all CD software, still have problems.

I have received the following Fatal Exceptions:
- 013F:0000663D
- 0015F: 7100 CB4B (at startup)
- (06) @ 0009:00000037
- 013F:00005B9A
- 0028:C7EC6A1C @ C02A26C VXWIN32 (05)

I have checked the MS web-site to no help. PLEASE someone give me an idea. As before, I have a 250W power source and my problems did not arise until I installed a new CDRW. AMD700, FIC SD11, 128MB RAM, Voodoo5, 5G HD, PCI128 soundcard, RealTek network card, RCA Cable modem, TDK CDRW

Well... Since you are getting some errors during startup, windows may be trying to set IRQs and is having conflicts with new hardware compared to old hardware. Are you using two CD-ROMS? Regardless, you may want to go into the BIOS and reset IRQ settings. Check WinBlowz hardware in SYSTEM SETTINGS to find any conflicts as well...

I am only using one CD ROM, if I put the old Mitsumi in everything seems to be ok.I'll check my IRQ settings and WinBlowz. Thank you for your help. AMD700, FIC SD11, 128MB RAM, Voodoo5, 5G HD, PCI128 soundcard, RealTek network card, RCA Cable modem, TDK CDRW

Try changing your IDE cable. If that doesn't work, then you should change your power supply.It seems like 250 watts should be sufficient though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back