Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tone before page problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

akb1111

Programmer
Aug 28, 2008
US
hey guys,

i just upgraded from 406v1 to 412 (4.2.11). everything is working fine except for a couple of things....

when we page to the overhead speakers, we get a tone before we can talk. the old 406v1, this did not happen. can i change that in the 412 NOT to do the tone before page?

also when we program speed dials, you can hear it dialing. can we change that as well?

thanks for the help!

Its in the CQ fixed list for 4.2.14, but only if you page to or from an IP phone

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

all of the phones are 4424 or 5420 phones.

are you saying this wont fix the problem?

thanks again. i am downloading the new software now.

Upgrading to the latest will never (should never) cause any problems but it will fix a few even if you have not encountered them yet, Sometimes caveats cover more than they can fit in once sentence. So basically give it a go it can't hurt and if it fixes it you're OK if not your covered if you escalate any issues.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

thanks guys for the replys. i will upgrade and let you know by the days end.

Can't rember for sure.. But, think I ran into this before and it had to do with the shortcode for paging.. I think we had to take the (.) out of phone number field..

ACS- IPOffice Implement

hey guys,

just upgraded and we still have the "beep" when we page and when we dial "speed dial" buttons.

i have voicemail buttons set up on all the 4424 phones. when you push the button, you hear 2 beeps????? so the upgrade did not help with this either.

per NYSTECH, there are not any (.) in the phone number feild for the shortcodes. can you remeber if you had to remove it from somewhere else?

thanks again guys for all the help......

just rereading this, the beep before paging "missing" was the bug that was fixed. Your previous version which you think worked, had the bug. Paging is supposed to have it.

Do you have any more than 10 of the 4424's on expansion modules? If you do that could cause issues as only up to 10 are supported on DS30 exp modules.

well this sounds like this is something they will have to get use too.

and yes, there are about 25 of the 4424 phones on the DS30.

the one that gets me is the voicemail button....should that beep twice when you press the button (which is the *17 shortcode)??

thanks again!

These phones have 24 programmable buttons with twin lamps; one green, one red. Note: No more than 10 4424D+ units are supported on any DS30 module. This restriction does not apply to DS16 V2 units"... that's from the Manager help files. So as TheTaker said the paging beeps is normal, and it could be the number of phones you have on exp modules causing the odd VM behaviour, they must say 10 for a reason and it could be you have found it :)

p.s As you say "overhead paging" what does you paging shortcode look like?

shortcode is...

code: *65
Feature: Dial Paging
telephone #: 3002 (hunt group which has the analog extn)
Line group ID: 0

And is that group just that one analogue extn? Is it a paging system off that analogue port? How is the analogue port set?

forget that it doesn't matter, I thought you could have worked around it but you can't avoid the tone.

Sorry the short code I have is using a trunk port for overhead paging..

SC *80
Feature Dial paging
telphone #
lg 20

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Surely for paging via a trunk it's "Dial" as oppose to "Dial paging" the latter is for paging from analogue ext not trunks. Or do you do it that way for a reason?

Amriddle your right. Dial it is... It has been a long day

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back