Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tomcat Server works very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZarkoL

Programmer
Aug 2, 2006
MK
I am starting Tomcat 5.0 through Eclipse. Everything was fine, but one day out of the blue (I don't know why because I didn't change anything) it started to report "Timeout waiting for Tomcat v5.0 Server @ localhost to start. Server did not start after 45 seconds." After that it takes really long to start - about 5 minutes and when it does, it does not work properly - it takes a lot of time to load a simple web page. Maybe the problem is in using the CPU power - the thread javaw.exe from Tomcat uses only 50% of CPU power. I am using java 1.4.09.

Thanks, Zarko

You running any anti-virus software ?

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

Yes, but there was an anti-virus software even before the troubles started.
It now works fine, the problem is still unknown to me, but it started working ok when a removed the server and the project folder under eclipse and all folder content and then recreated it. Strangely, reinstalling Tomcat Server before did not help.

Thanks anyway, Zarko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back