Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tomcat/Apache HTML render issues w/ Mozilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbehar

Programmer
May 19, 2005
US
Hello,

I have a server running Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 4. we are using the weapp connector enabled so that requests can all go through Apache.

Everything works great except for 1 major glitch. When using Mozilla, Firefox or netscape to access the site, HTML code is displayed instead of the rendered page. Explorer works just fine.

If you try and connect to the site via the coyote HTTP connector on port 9006 using the same browser, the page is displayed correctly.

Here is a link to the probelm site:

I have tried building a new server that uses mod_jk with ajp13 instead of webapp and the same thing occurrs. I think the problem has something to do with the the tomcat settings, however I have no clue where to start.

Any help is appreciated.

-chris

Worked fine from Firefox on Fedora Core 3. Did you send header Content-Type: text/html ??

Here is the header I got from your site:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:31:06 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Darwin) mod_jk/1.2.6 DAV/1.0.3 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7b PHP/4.3.10
Cache-Control: max-age=60
Expires: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:32:06 GMT
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=D548142AB34BE698C0AEC0A338AAC7F3; Path=/content
Connection: close
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html

The header contains the correct content type "text/html". I don't think it's Tomcat related. Try save the source as html, and put it in Apache. See if you get the same problem with Mozilla broswer.

Also you might try to avoid any line spacing before the DOCTYPE decclaration (current I see your html source has 21 lines before the DOCTYPE) . It could be the browser wasn't happy with DOCTYPE not being the first line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back