Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tomcat 4.1.27

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcuz

MIS
Mar 22, 2002
US
I've just completed installation of RH Linux 7.2, Apache 1.3.2, Sun J2SDK 1.4.1, and Tomcat 4.1.27. My problem is that I can't view the default Tomcat test page from a browser. The Linux machine is plugged into my LAN (private network, no public access yet). I can view the Apache test page from a browser by typing of linux box>, however when I try the same appending port 8080 I get a "page cannot be displayed" error. I've changed connector ports in server.xml with no luck. Tomcat and Apache startup with no errors. The log catalina.out shows tomcat-standalone service started with no errors. $CATALINA_HOME is set to the Tomcat install directory, $JAVA_HOME is set to the J2SDK install directory. I've read a ton on this but no luck yet. Any help is appreciated.

You probably haven't changed the server.xml so i don't know if this could help you. But check if tomcat really runs on 8080.

Otherwise you should, if you have a one, check the settings of your firewall. The port 8080 might be closed.

Dennis

Even I have the exact problem as mentioned above. I can start tomcat using $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh and shutdown. But when i want to view the web page. It says page not found. Can someone please help me.
thanks a lot
-speedy

can you view the default page using a broswer on the same box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back