Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toll free question 3 beeps and disconnect 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta3jbm

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2003
US
I have a toll free number with AT&T coming in through 2 Aspect switches in different parts of the country and have been seeing the following issue with increasing frequency. Customer is on a call with an agent and both hear 3 beeps and the call is disconnected. Anyone know what is causing this?

AT&T keeps trying to point to the LEC but the problem is happening in many different locations nationwide.

Could the calls be coming from a payphone that has a time limit? Do you have take-back-and-transfer on these lines that could be keying on caller voice harmonics? (odd, but does happen) Do your agents use headsets that have amplifies with batteries (that could be running low, beeping, and disconnecting?)

The problem turned out to be the Viking 1900 series phones that are used with this toll free number. These phones are factory programmed to beep 3 times and disconnect if any DTMF tones are heard after the preprogrammed speed dialing.

Thanks for updating with a resolution--that's a new one for me, so I'm glad to know about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back