Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toll Fraud issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Back to the pheakers, just got another call from a customer with a Call Pilot. They said they are being hacked, anyone got any steps they take to prevent this? Right now I have restriction filters built and assigned to the Vmail ports (still got out). We have outdial turned off for the mailboxes, I tried to have Outdial channels to 0 but it would not take it.

I am presuming you looked through your entire system & confirmed that there are no MB's for sets that are not using them & delete any other guest MB's.

Also restrict 1010 if you didn't already.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

How about making sure Link Co = No on the lines or at least the line you might be using for notification?

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Thats a good one I did not do. I did a quick look for allow link in sys prgm, but obviously did not find it...Forgot it was per line. I will change it on Monday.

Since I could not find it today, and could not spend much time there, I had the CO disable link xfer (via the customer, so who knows if it took.)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back