Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

toll fraud again 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpoole

Programmer
May 26, 2004
US
here's a new number you need to block in your switch.. we've had an "attack" using this 888 number..
Never heard of this one, until we had a customer get "attacked" so to
speak. Anyways, 888-700-0400 is a number that allows you to dial any
number you wish, and the calls are apparently billed back to the number
the call originated from.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John do you have a good list of numbers I should look a blocking?

John, Thanks for the update. I tried to dial a number, wouldnt allow interstate, but other numbers yes. I see this could be a big time fraud.

John

For those of us who are relatively new to this can you post the script that actually blocks numbers? I'm guessing that is in LD 90

I dial the number and get a "Welcome to Martel" followed by a fast busy.?????

NARSBARS

TRY IT AGAIN, BECAUSE IT DOES SAY TO ENETER YOUR DESTINATION NUMBER

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

When I call it, it tell's me I don't have an account and please hold for an agent to set up a new account.

I tried again, Welcome message, fast busy, disconnect.

NARSBARS

I just get a fast busy when I tried to call it. But I went ahead and blocked it anyway.

Ran into this one a while back.

Q Can I make a call using Martel from a large business with PBX?
A No. our Service is intended for use from homes and small businesses. Service is denied to large business with PBX system with info digit of (20). In other words Martel network denies access to all PBX that are configured correctly with info digit (20). You should get the message "You are not authorized to use the service" when calling from a PBX. Visit to learn more about Number Assignment/ANI II digit.

For more info on this lovely service, go here:

I have no problems getting through to them using my Option 11c rel 3.0. I need to know how to set up a block for this DN or configure my switch with info digit 20. Any help would be greatfully appreciated!

A star to johnpoole for starting a great thread. So far the PBXs I have checked 61 & 81 Succession 3.0 are good. A Centrex fed Norstar is not safe. This will cause a lot of work but it is work well worth doing.
Thanks for all the input.

How do you put in an info digit 20?

NARSBARS

Code 20
Automatic Identified Outward Dialing (AIOD) - without AIOD, the billing number for a PBX is the same as the PBX Directory Number (DN). With the AIOD feature, the originating line number within the PBX is provided for charging purposes. If the AIOD number is available when ANI is transmitted, code "00" is sent. If not, the PBX DN is sent with ANI code "20". In either case, the AIOD number is included in the AMA record.

here's that part, i've been working on a remote today, sorry for the delay
Code:
REQ  chg
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE npa  [COLOR=red] could be an spn as well[/color]
NPA  1888
RLI
SDRR deny

DENY 7000400

i would print 1888 in ld 90 then make the change

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

MARTEL IS BLOWING SMOKE, I WORK FOR THE LARGEST COUNTY IN FLORIDA. I CALLED THE NUMBER GOT A MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY NUMBER WAS BEING ADDED, THEN AT ASKED ME TO INPUT MY DESTINATION. AFTER THAT EVERYTIME I CALLED IT JUST ASKED FOR THE DESTINATION NUMBER

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Those calls will be billed to your ANI Billing number.

i didn't call it, we had a cust with a 6 digit bill want to know why.. that numbers was called over 3000 times, most south america.. they found sets forwarded to the number as well...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, do you have a list of numbers I should look at blocking?

i can look it up at work, i keep a list on a share drive.. a lot of them are not the deny type, but a list of npa's that none of us want... tnjwinters.. good point, if you can remember to start a post monday about ld that we all need to block, i'm sure that a lot of us have imput, and could use the information

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back