Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toggling 'tween telnet sessions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2000
GB
Ok Ok...
This is really bugging me now!

What is the key combination for toggling between telnet sessions when you have telnetted into a switch, and then you telnet into another switch from that session?
I know it's something like ctrl, shift, 6, x, but can't for the life of me remember what it is!!

Help!!

Cheers

Steve - Network Coordinating in the UK

You are right - the key combination is <CTRL> <SHIFT> 6 (all hit together, basically <CTRL>^) then release and hit 'x'. This should bring you back to the prompt of the router you telnet'ed from.

Andy

Cheers for that Andy

I was pressing all the keys at once - so close yet so far!
I guess it's just <ctrl>^ to get back to the original session, or just type the active telnet session number?

Cheers

Steve - Network Coordinating in the UK

Doing a contrl shift 6 X will bring you back to the first switch/router . This wont take you back to the second switch/router from which you originally started the session to third switch/router.

Sankar Nair
General Datatech l.p.

Sankar, I stand corrected. If you telnet to a router (or other IOS device) and then telnet again the break-out sequence will take you back to the very first switch you telnet'd to. If you type <CTRL><SHIFT> and then hit '6' twice and then 'x' you will return to the one you have just telnet'd from........

If you open multiple telnet sessions from one router to various other hosts and you want to return to a particular session then you need to escape back to the router (<CTRL><SHIFT>6, x) and type resume <session number>. To show the sessions you have open type 'show sessions', each one will have an ID number.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back