Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toggle on/off coverage path point

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLineham

Technical User
Mar 9, 2015
GB
I've been asked by one of my colleagues to create a coverage path for their department which hops to the next user after 3 rings, consisting of 5 people. Simple enough. However, he wants any of the 5 users to be able to step out of the coverage path as a toggle on the telset. I suggested simply putting the telset on SAC, but he still wants to be able to receive calls directly while toggled out of the coverage path, and also for these calls to not transfer to others in the coverage path while toggled out.

I understand it's possible to toggle a station between Coverage Path 1 & 2, which would solve the question of stopping direct calls from following the coverage path. But that doesn't solve removing them from coverage paths for other stations in the group.

Anyone built a similar scenario to what is being asked above? Apologies if I haven't explained this very well, any and all help greatly appreciated.

Why not cover to a hunt group that people log in and out of?

I think you're trying to stretch a coverage answer group past what it is designed to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back