Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

toggle huntgroup membership from a voicemail pro call flow module 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtelcom

Vendor
Jun 11, 2007
CA
Has anyone done this with call flows in voicemail pro?
I'm pretty sure it's possible and have looked at it with no success, but am not the super voicemail pro expert like some of you are.

As for the why, they are in a setup they've done themselves, but it works for them and they like the way it works. See below.

IP500v2 R9 with Vmpro. Customer has external users with cell phones taking hunt group calls via twinning of a phantom user in a huntgroup. They want to give the external cell phone 'agent' (I'm loosely using that word here) the ability to dial in and toggle their huntgroup membership.

I've suggested they could use the advanced personal options of the voicemail box and toggle the twin status or DND status, but they only want to change the huntgroup enable/disable checkbox of the phantom user in a huntgroup.

They don't want these cellphone 'agents' to have to use softphones, or OneX Portal/OneX Portal App, or manager, etc...

Thanks in advance for any helpful insights, ideas, or vmpro code suggestions that works for this scenario.

Dial in to FNE 00 followed by a huntgroup enable /disable short code.

I am by no means an Avaya or VMPro expert, but these forums have been super helpful to me so I am hoping I can help someone else out eventually. I can think of two ways that I am pretty sure would work (maybe someone else can either give you a better option or more information). First, you will need to setup a system shortcode to enable the huntgroup and another to disable the huntgroup. You could then create a vmPro module that would tie to each of these shortcodes respectively. My second idea if you want to keep vmpro out of the equation is to use the same shortcodes, but instead of VMPro, just tie the users Voicemail DTMF breakout options to the enable and disable shortcodes which would allow them to toggle the option by dialing into their own voicemail.

These two options probably will not have the needed information which user to toggle...

I think derfloh is absolutely correct. I do not know very much about FNE yet, although I am currently reading about it due to this post. I am now just thinking about how FNE could be used in my company. derfloh, do you know if you are able to combine FNE with VMPro modules? I am just curious if you need a DID for each FNE code you intend to use, or if you could tie multiple FNE codes to a single VMPro module in order to save resources if your company does not have many spare DIDs.

When you call FNE 00 from your mobile you'll get dialtone and can dial any internal or external destination as you would picking up your deskphone.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Agree on FNE.. only you need a dedicated number per user don't you?

What you mean with dedicated number?

Each needs to have their own Mobile Number under twinning yes, they all use the same DID number to access the FNE code.

Code *96
FNE SERVICE
Telephone Number 31

OFFFF COURSEEEE !!!! Damn me
Yes true.. no need a dedicated.

Just need to have the Mobile number programmed under Mobility, twinned mobile number...

Must be the hot summer ..

derfloh thanks, your answer is about as easy as it gets, not sure why I didn't think of that, been on holiday too long I guess. That'll work perfect. Pink love to you.

You're welcome... In countries with that inflexible dial plans like US (7/10 digits fixed) you have to reserve one DID for each FNE function you want to use. Here in Europe you can use DIDs out of a block that can have different length.

So if your DIDs are 1234567xxx you can additionally use 1234567yyxx for FNE where yy is the FNE prefix and xx is the FNE code.

Right on. I'm in the US, but that is interesting that you can do that in Europe. Cheers!

Isn't that a german thing that you can add number to a DID block? =)

I would actually prefer a fixed length, for example Denmark and Norway always use 8 digits, makes things so much easier.
Here we have anything from 8-10 digits.

It's easy that way. Regional without leading 0, national with leading 0 followed by a area code and international with two leading 0 followed by long distance code and area code. The length doesn't matter. Outside line prefix is usually 0 so that we just need 0N/Dial/N to dial.

Yeah, we mostly don't use line prefix so that's why it's annoying =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back