Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TODS and DMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombaytelecom

Technical User
Feb 8, 2008
GB
We have re structured our current IS Department into Client Support and Systems Support

Client Support man the helpdesk between the hours of 8am and 5:30pm and the Operations Team (part of systems Support) will cover the phones between 5:30pm and 8am

However they are in different areas of the building. I would like to arrange a TOD schedule for 17:30- 07:59 with a DMI to redirect 2121 (Helpdesk) to the Operations Main number which is 2102.

Am i right in thinking that this would work? or have i got it completely wrong, or is it right but i am going overboard and there is a simpler solution.

Meridian Option 61C
Symposium v 4.5
NICE Dictaphone Recording

In my opinion, using any automated "Time of Day" control on a support center number reduces flexibility and forces you to "fit into the system". For example, what if you wanted to have a Help Desk meeting, or if the company declares a holiday, or if some other unscheduled issue makes redirecting calls a good idea. You want to have the flexibility to control the phones, and not have them control you.

I'd be more inclined to use Call Forward (unless this is ACD), or if this is ACD, set the "Night" (NCFW) value to 2102s so when the last agent logs out, Operations starts to get the calls.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

Thanks for the quick response unfortunately though we dont have the bigger helpdesk team to warrant the use of ACD. The other issue with CFW is the users remembering to turn the forward on when they have finished for the day :-(

Is there anyway to automate the cfw?

Meridian Option 61C
Symposium v 4.5

What is 2121? Are the Help Desk folks all part of Symposium and 2121 a CDN? Is 2121 an MCR key on all of their sets? I think if we knew a little more detail on the existing setup, we could throw out more ideas.

2121 is the Hunt group DN and they are setup on Linear hunt. We are an in house helpdesk so we dont get too many calls out of 400 staff 55 of those are IS (we write our own system.

There are 5 numbers in the Hunt group with the main helpdesk persons DN as the initial number.

Meridian Option 61C
Symposium v 4.5

There are probably a couple of different ways to tackle this but my 1st thought is to create a CallPilot application and use its Day and Time blocks. You could create the application and have it transfer calls to 2121 during 8 - 5:30 then have it transfer to 2102 outside of those hours. If the Help Desk is internal only, you might have to create a new pilot to your 2121 hunt group so you can point 2121 to CallPilot. Then you would have CallPilot transfer to the new pilot number. Otherwise, I would use IDC if calls came from outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back