Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Todd - one more question...PLEASE!!! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaz

Technical User
Jul 8, 2004
US
Todd,

Thanks for the help. It still doesn't work though. Here's what I have so far.

I created a file called "close.scr" and saved it in the AutoCAD 2002 directory on my C: drive. Here is the text:
close
[after typing "close", I hit return...then I saved)

Then, I right clicked the AutoCAD 2002 icon on my desktop, selected properties, hit the shortcut tab, and then typed the following in the target field:
"C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\acad.exe" /b close

Let me know if you have any ideas. The problem is that once AutoCAD opens up, even though it no longer starts in a new drawing (called Drawing1.dwg), it is frozen and I can't do anything because none of the icons respond to the mouse clicks... as if it's stuck in a loop. It's like a deer in headlights, not knowing what to do next.

Thanks, dude.

Kurt

I tried it the way you describe and it works for me. Maybe there's some conflict with other things trying to load?

Kurt,

Sorry for the late reply, (I just happened to bounce by tonight) what you are doing should work. You may try changing your command line to "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\acad.exe" /b close.scr

I also have to agree with CarlAK, are there other routines you load in addtion to your script either ARX routines, LISP routines, or even VB routines? Do you normally use plain vanilla AutoCAD or do have a third-party add-on?

If you are running something, it may be as simple as changing this to load after (or before) any of these other things kick-off.

Let me know how you make out.

Todd

Hey, it worked! Thanks for the assistanze. Since we're slow here at work today (the last couple of weeks!), now I'll tackle the metal pan roof deck LISP I've been wanting to create. If it doesn't work, I'll show you guys the text code. I hope I don't embarrass myself though.

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back