Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TOC Line Length

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrenaud

Technical User
Aug 19, 2003
CA
I'm using FrameMaker 7 on Win2000. I have some TOC entries whose text extends right up to the page number (right aligned) and some other entries that span more than one line and whose text on the first line extends past the right-aligned page #(now on the second line). Here's an example of what a regular entry looks like (with leaders), and an example of the two problem entries:

TOC Entry Text .........page# (correct)
TOC Entry Text TOC Text.page# (text too close to page #)
TOC Entry Text TOC Entry (text on first line over page# alignment)
Text ...............page#

I would like to force a line break for any text that gets too close to the page# or if it is already being forced to a second line, I would like the first line of text NOT to overlap with the page# alignment. It should look like this:

TOC Entry Text TOC
Text .........................page#
TOC Entry Text TOC
Exntry Text................page#

Thanks
Joan Renaud

I don't have any solution to this problem till today. If I'm very angry about this - and shortening of these awful long headlines isn't possible - I sometimes select the whole text in the TOC-File and convert it into a suitable table.

One manual entered command - and the problem is solved.

:)

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back