Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TOC - Book Error Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdhopper7

Technical User
Dec 8, 2003
US
After I generate a TOC the "Book Error Report" comes up and I get the following errors:

"filename"
Print setting for Black is inconsistent
Print setting for Yellow is inconsistent
Print setting for Cyan is inconsistent
Print setting for Magenta is inconsistent

First, what does this error mean? I'm only wanting to print in black / white not color, even though I have color images captured in the doc.

Second, I've gone into the Print setup and clicked on the [Separations Setup] button. Made changes to the Plate setup window, clicked [Set] but no change to the TOC? So what is the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Basically, it means that the color definitions in "filename" are different from the definitions in the first file in the book. You can fix this by importing color definitions from one file into the other.

See for more information about fixing this problem.

Rick Henkel
Senior Systems Developer

I'm wanting to create a TOC. I go to the Book file with all the files. I generate the TOC with no problems. After its done I go into Ref Pages and edit the TOC references as such:

openObjectId <$relfilename>:<$ObjectType> <$ObjectId>
<$paratext> <$pagenum>
<$paratext> <$pagenum>
<$paratext> <$pagenum>
<$paratext> <$pagenum>
<$paratext> <$pagenum>

Note, there is a deliberate TAB between the <$paratext> and the <$pagenum>. Also, there is a tab leader set to 6.375 right justified.

But after the TOC is done it looks like:

Hide/Show Menu 16
Reports Menu 17
Billing Menu 20
Maintenance Menu 21
Supplies Menu 22
Help Menu 23

i.e. its not properly showing H1, H2, H3, Chapter Titles and Cover Page with dot leader.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reading this there may be two problems:

1. Replace your &quot;TAB&quot; between <$paratext> and <$pagenum> by &quot;\t&quot; (=Backslash and t) on the ref pages. Sometimes - I don't know, under wich conditions -, framemaker acts a little bit unconventional.

2. Did you define/change the Paragraph Formats for your TOC lines? (They may appear as H1TOC, H2TOC in the paragraph format list) It seems that there are no TabStops defined in the appropriate Formats. Perhaps you press CTRL-Y (to see hidden characters) and check if the TAB Signs have been generated correctly.

Thomas M. Reuter
Munich/Germany
-------------------
[Mac G4DP, OS 10.3]

Tom,

Thanks for your reply and information. I'll try your suggestion for fixing the TOC. I was able to make it work a couple of months ago,but not the software is not cooperating.

FYI....I used to be stationed in the US Army in Augsburg in the 1970's and also near Helmstedt / Branschweig area in the North. Rich memories.

I'm relatively new to FrameMaker even though I'm a tech writer. Would it be OK for me to contact you for other questions about FM?

My direct e-mail is: david.hopper@vistacare.com

Thanks,

David H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back