Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TOAD 8.5 Database Creation Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinF

Technical User
Sep 19, 2000
FR
Hi all,

I am using TOAD 8.5, how to i create a set of Database Creation Scripts for my database from TOAD?

Thanks

I use a later version of TOAD, so I can't answer directly. However, if you use the DBCA to make your database, it has a facility to automatically generate a script for you. I suggest you try that as a possible alternative.

Regards

T

Try: Database -> Export -> Generate Database (or schema) script.
[3eyes]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

LKBrwnDBA: Thanks for the tip, however i dont have the 'Generate Database (or Schema) Script under Database>Export!!

The only menu items i have under these menu's are:

Table Scripts
Grants
Table Data
Source Code
Table as Flat File
Synonyms
Sequences

Does this mean i dont have the required add-in?

Maybe you do not have the DBA version of TOAD.
What is under "Database" tab?
[noevil]

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

The best option would then be as Thargy suggested: use dbca.

If you only need to generate scripts for "Schema" creation, then take export without data and use DDL Wizard.
[thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back