Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN I'M STUDYING

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveroots

Technical User
Jul 16, 2002
US
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN I'M STUDYING FOR THE OS EXAM THE BOOK I'M USING IS MIKE MYERS A+ PASSPORT DO YOU ALL THINK THAT THIS IS THE ONLY BOOK THAT I NEED TO STUDY FROM BECAUSE IT'S ONLY 6 CHAPTERS IN THAT BOOK FOR OPERATING SYSTEM,WHERE COULD I PURCHASE AN EXCELLENT UP TO DATE TEST TO FURTHER PREPARE

I have a SYBEX book called
The Expert Guide to Windows 95 by Mark Minasi.

I didn't study for the A+ exams I just wrote them 'cause I had no time back then because of working a lot, but I use it for reference quite often even now.

Sybex also does this one, and they do really good exam prep books although I haven't seen this one personally.

A+® Complete Study Guide, Deluxe Edition

Have a look at this link:

If either time or money is short, try this website, there is a BOATLOAD of great information here online.

The most important practice is not a mock exam at all...it is the hands on experience with the machines themselves.

Good luck on your test!
Kimber

The more I learn, the more I realize how much more there is to know!

Preparing for the test depends on what you are trying to get out of it.

If you are just starting out i suggest reading a book that goes into detail. While you are reading the book follow along as much as possible using the computer.

If you need to know how to troubleshoot, best way to learn is by hands on experience.

If you already have knowledge of the subject matter the Passport books do a good job of explaining the material that they will be looking for on the test.
(If you are doing the A+ OS exam, may I suggest reading the first several chapters of the Network+ Passport book. It explains several concepts that are tested by the A+ exam better than the A+ Passport)

If you really just want to get certified, without really getting into the material or need a final quick study review before the test use braindumpcentral.com

Using A+ Passport and BrainDumpCentral to study, you will have seen at least 80% of the questions on your test.

Good Luck

-edluke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back