Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To uninstall software from mac 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arshzafar

MIS
Jun 16, 2009
IN
Hello All,
I want to uninstall some software from my mac.is it ok to delete folder from application?or some thing else?please suggest

What software, it may not be just as easy as draggin the app to the trash. It's best to consult the software makers website for instructions on how to uninstall.

Twist

===========================================
Everything will be OK in the end.
If it's not OK, then it's not the end

I have a trial version and that is over.so i want to remove this

often the installation dmg has an uninstall applet.
failing that, trash the application and then go looking in Library/Application Support
and ~/Library/Application Support

if you find any likely offenders but are not CERTAIN that they are related, move the folder somewhere else from which it can be restored. if you are certain then trash the folder.

however as twiSSt points out, the software author usually publishes uninstall info on its website and that should be your first port of call if you no longer have the dmg with uninstall script.

Just drag the app, or app folder to the trash and empty it.

The only other area of the OS where you should see any reference to that app would be in user/library/preferences. You can look for your app there and delete that if you wish.

Using OSX 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 on a G4, G5 & Intel Macbook

Check the internet for an app called AppZap

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ambition..........If you dont use it, you wont lose it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back