Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To Scene or not to scene. That is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

melocco

Technical User
Jan 19, 2001
US
It has been a long time since I have posted here and I am just now getting back in the computer area.. But I am getting ready to make a video, and I'm going to use Flash (I have tryed Premiere and can't figure it out. So I'm going back to what I know alittle about Flash). But since the video is going to be alittle long, I didn't know if it would be better to make each a scene and then take the scene's and put them back to back. Or just make the whole flash document that will be over 6,000 frames and make them in the one time line. Thanks for your help in advance..

P.S. I think I'm going to stick around this time... Not leave again... I miss working with you guys and also working with computers..

Yea. I would like to have a song playing through out the video.... Also some sound FX, but not many. I just thought I would ask the pros. I tryed using Premiere, but I couldn't get the videos or pictures to do like I can in Flash.

Let me give you a quick run down on what I am doing. I am writing out the idea of what I want on paper in scenes (each square). Then make a flash show. I am getting my pictures ready and video converted and compressed to add to the flash file. I am almost done with that part now. Everything devided out and edited and compressed.

Nice to hear from you again Oldster.

Sorry. I forgot I had multi addreses forwarded. But thanks for telling me. I fixed the problem now.

Ok. I have two questions. Update, I am using Flash MX 2004 (waiting for the newone)

Question #1
I have started a project and got it in one scene. Now I need to see what would be the easyest way to add something to the begining. I am wanting to make like a small loading page but for video.

question #2
How can I stop audio on a video I imported as a movie clip? I have went to the movie clip and stoped audio in action and the video it self stoped.

Thanks again..

One more question. Quick one.

Can I or not, change the speed of a movie clip (FPS) and not effect the scene? In other words make a movie clip I import run faster then the scene.

Insert a new scene, and change the scene order (scene panel) so that the preloader scene is first.

Don't really understand your second question... You mean your audio plays while the video isn't????

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design
After 25,000 posts, banned on FK, but proud not to have bowed down to them!

No. The video and audio is in one set. But I want to have the video with no sound. Would I need to reimport the video and edit before embeding? Then in edit have no audio?

What about the movie clip? After I make the movie clip and embed it, can I make it run at like 40fps and have the main movie run at 16fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back