Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To many sessions?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
Hello..

I'm running ARCserve 2000 on Windows 2000 server, baking up 3 remote machines.. all machines are the same.. all have latest drivers for NIC's, and SCSI controllers, as well as the tape drive itself, which is a Compaq DAT 20/40 using a 40gig tape. The PROBLEM is: It backsup the primary server, the one holding the tape drive, no problem.. then it moves on to the remote machines.. It will stop at some random BUSY file and will not continue for like 7 hours!!! So, it fails. It's either that or it get to one of our MetaFrame servers and creates 10 sessions for one 3.5 gig drive.. well in the SUMMARY of the job, it says it turned that 3.5 into 22gig written to disk.. that's not good!!! What do I do?!?!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool..
then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

"I should of been a doctor.." Me

Have you installed all the latest patches yet?

why are you trying to run remote backup instead of installing a device in each machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back