Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To many left Joins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonDuster

Programmer
Aug 16, 2001
US
Is there a limit as to how many table joins other then = join you can have in a report? The reason I ask is that my report fails when I try to establish more then one left join in my report. Has anyone encountered this problem before? If so is there a patch or a work-around ?

Thanks in advance
NeonDuster

This phenomenon can sometimes be associated with specific Database drivers. Would you please answer the following questions?

1) To which Database do you connect?
2) Do you connect via an ODBC or Native Driver?
3) Was this driver installed with Seagate Info?

1) To which Database do you connect? Oracle 8.0.6
2) Do you connect via an ODBC or Native Driver? Microsoft ODBC for Oracle.
3) Was this driver installed with Seagate Info? I do not belive so.

NeonDuster

Hmm, I connect to both Oracle 7 and 8 Databases using the P2Sora7.dll native driver and don't run into this issue at all.

I also have users that connect via the Seagate supplied ODBC drivers for oracle. Try to connect to your database using the Intersolv driver or the native driver and see if you still have this problem.

You might also try troubleshooting your ODBC connectivity based on published articles at
The following article might be a good start:

Once I setup my driver to use P2Sora7.dll insted of the MS ODBC for Oracle every thing worked out just fine.

Thanks rhinok !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back