Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To make a flash site fit the browser....

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedeia

Technical User
May 8, 2001
US
How do you make a flash site fit the whole page? I check my site as i am making it in the 'preview in browser' option and it seems to want to put a border about 1/2 inch around my project. I have selected a color for that background to match but it still throws my page off, i am sure i will figure it out, although i enjoy peers' feedback.....
So how to make what i have made to fit the page?
Thanks and i will try not to ask so many questions!

i will reply to my question. i did keep screwing around with it and finally did get it to act right and fit so that it was not off to one side more than other or having any part chopped off. i did it by select all and scaling it to a different size.

You can also go to the "Publish Settings" and, on the HTML tabe, adjust the dimensions...setting it to match the dimensions of your movie, to exact pixels (other than the movie default size) or set it to percents (100% for example).

Hope this helps for future usage!

Yup, it's all to do with the publish settings... on the Flash tab select:

Window: Transparent / windowless
Scale: Exact Fit (or possibly 'no border')

8o)

PetitPal.

Petipal, you know i am sure i did try that because i tried just about everything. then i remembered Fireworks and by adjusting the canvas size i was able to adjust it to fit as well as select all and resize everything just as i did in this Flash one. Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated!

Weird... exact fit (with 100%) should do it.. although that does give you scaling problems (because as you change the size of the browser the movie sticks with it - which can throw things out of proportion!)
Never mind, eh? (Suppose I should get myself a copy of Fireworks really...)

=)

PetitPal.

Have you tried adding these attributes to the Body tag as follows:

<BODY bgcolor=&quot;#000000&quot; leftmargin=&quot;0&quot; rightmargin=&quot;0&quot; topmargin=&quot;0&quot; bottommargin=&quot;0&quot; marginwidth=&quot;0&quot; marginheight=&quot;0&quot;>

Also as a side note... setting the movie to 100% x 100% will still constrain the movie to its proportion properties.It will not stretch anything out of shape if you know what I mean. Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

Hey Jeff, thanks, did not think about the margins settings to &quot;0&quot; for lft, rt.....
you are right about the 100% statement, because it will infact fit to the movie size, in this case is like 780 WIDTH and 450 HEIGTH. I think, close though.
Yea petipal, you are right too about the scaling prob because my canvas scaling was not correct, and getting Fireworks sounds great,i love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back