Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To invoke Lotus Notes email client s/w in word 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdls

Programmer
Sep 7, 2001
AU
Hi,
When I use the following menu in word 2000
file->send to -> mail recipient ,
word automatically starts Microsoft outlook client. I also have Lotus Notes Email client in my m/c and I would like to start Lotus Notes Email client when I click
file->send to -> mail recipient in word 2000.
I read MSDN help and it says it is possible in word 97 by installing VIM support for Lotus Notes Email client. But I could not find any help for word 2000. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe. Open Internet Explorer (yep, believe it or not). Go to Tools-Internet Options, click on the Programs tab, and make sure Notes is chosen as the email program.

If that doesn't work, let us know.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Thanks a lot. I tried by setting the Email as Lotus Notes in Internet Explorer and clicked on
File->Send To -> Mail Recipient(as Attachment) and it invoked the Lotus Notes client.
But the menu
File->Send To ->Mail Recipient
(i.e without the attachment) disappeared from the menu. If I choose Microsoft Outlook in Internet Explorer, then
File->Send To ->Mail Recipient
menu is visible in word 2000.
I have a requirement where I need to embed the word document and not send as an attachment through Lotus Notes Client.
It would be very helpful If you can let me know how to do this.
Thansk once again.

You're asking a Microsoft and a Lotus product to interface, you know that?

I'm not sure if it can be done. I hope to find out today.
techsupportgirl@home.com

Thanks for replying.
Ya, I would like to know if there is a Lotus Notes interface from Microsoft office. It seems Microsoft had told that it was working on building an interface with Lotus Notes in march 2001. I am not sure whether it has been done.
Since Word 2000 is able to send mails as attachments to Lotus Notes using
File-> Send to-> Mail Recipient(Attachments),
I thought there could be some way to send emails embeding the document to Lotus Notes using
File-> Send to-? Mail Recipient also.
Thansk once again.

Check out this article, and I'd say change the value to 0 instead of 1, as the article shows how to NOT use Notes. If 0 doesn't work, try 2.
techsupportgirl@home.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back