Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To info box or to mail box-w or w/o ext? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHONMAN

Vendor
Apr 26, 2002
US
OK- I've got a DID line that my customer's old phone #'s are directed to. what he wants is a mail box/ info box that doesn't take messages. This box will give customers the new address, location info, not take messages, but still allow the caller to zereo out to get to the auto attend. or the operator. He really doesn't want to mess with the calls unless they zereo out for help. I tried pointing the DID to a ext. #249 this ext. has no phone.FWD 249 the to ext. 251(thats the vm). Making a Info box #249 with the message. This probably doesn't work because I don't have a ext. tied to the mailbox. I guess that's my question, can I point the DID to an Info box with nothing inbetween? I hope somebody can make since out of that.

What you could do is have the DID number be answered by the AA and set up a greeting to say press 1 for this information then build the information box in the CCR then have the path transfer back to the operator. If you set a DID up and theres not a phone set up I dont think the call will go anywhere the system will see this as not being installed. I hope this helps M.Parnell
(norstargirl)

I had a feeling that was probably going to be the only way to set it up, I guess I was tring to get out of setting up a ccr tree just for that 1 info box. thanks for your time looks like i've got some work to do.

I also figure I can just have a seperate greeting answer that line that gives the new address & numbers and that will give them access to the directory if needed.

The 0 home/ menu of the CCR tree can also be a 0 home/INFO prompt so that you can have the target line of the DID answered by table 2 with a seperate greeting and the 0 home/info prompt can give the addy information etc.

MRoberts

Thanks, That's what I ended up doing and it works just the way they wanted it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back