Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

to DVD or Not in 2000 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougP

MIS
Dec 13, 1999
US
Some one told me that a DVD rom would not work in Win 2000.<br>
Just in Win '98. <br>
Is this True?<br>
They said because it does not work in NT 4 it won't work in 2000.<br>
<br>
I'm finding 2000 Pro to be very nice though.<br>
The FAX is back or was never in NT 3.51 or 4.0<br>
Phone Dialer is in there too.<br>
<br>
<br>
<p> DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

We have installed w2k on our machines with DVD's and it works just fine.<br>
<br>
Stephen

Did you play DVD movies in Win 2K?<br>
Or just use it in Windows Explorer <p> DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

DVD works fine on our systems. We have deployed RTM to about 5,000 people already and we have had no complaints with DVD issues. We have sent out training software to these users on DVD. <p>Ron Valkenburg<br><a href=mailto:ronald.valkenburg@ey.com>ronald.valkenburg@ey.com</a><br><a href= & Young Home Page</a><br>Senior member of Microsoft Technology Roundtable, the Microsoft Windows 2000 JDP and The Microsoft Windows 64 JDP.

I have installed it on my Compaq Wrk Station running Win 2000 pro and have no problem and am able to watch movies in great picture quality.

Check for hardware compatibilty on ur drives manufactures site or at the microsoft windows 2000 hardware site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back