Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To display a column header in a format when exported to excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

musini

Technical User
Jan 19, 2008
US
Hi,

I have a column with name as below. This is how it looks when it is exported to an excel file.

(Customer Identification Number)
I would like it to be displayed as follows.

Customer
Identification
Number
Basically, If the column header is too long, I would it to be in more than one row of the same cell of excel insted of one big line in a cell.

Is there a specific option in crystal, I could choose so that I could export the column names as mentioned above.

Thanks,
M

If you get the label to wrap to 3 lines when displayed in Crystal, it should export as 3 rows to Excel.

Ian

Is tehre a option where I could enable the wrap.

Thanks,
M

Just size the text box big enough to fit the word "Identification" and then increase box height and text will wrap automatically.

Ian

Hi,

I did that before, but it did not work. I am using the following export options.

column width based on objects in details
export object formatting
maintain relative object position
export pageheader and pagefooter

Please suggest.

Thanks,
kranthi

Double hit your text box and modify, make sure hit 'Enter' key for each word to move them to another line. In this case you would write Customer then 'Enter' Identification then Enter Number, then you would have

Customer
Identification
Number

Align them in Center

I tried everything but nothing is working. If I do the enter after each word and export the reort with the above export options, I am getting a special charecter in between the words and all the word are in the same line, but not in the new line.

Thanks,
M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back