Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

to change resolution and size 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arshzafar

MIS
Jun 16, 2009
IN
Hello All,

I have rendered a image in photoshop in 300 dpi,but client want this in 600 dpi because he want to print it in a large size.my image size is 12x18 inches ,required print size is 60x90 inch. i have taken new art board same size and 600 resolution and copied and transformed this art.This new image has blurred out line, this is not looking finished.
please suggest me if you have any other method.

I guess the client wants it in 600dpi as he is doing an ink print of the image.
You cannot just increase the size and keep the same quality unless it is a vector graphic. From what you describe it is not a vector so there is not much you can do, I am afraid.
It would depend on what the image looks like, as to what you can do about enlarging it by so much.

Keith

this is a high detailed realistic city scape .i have first created this in illustrator but unfortunately i loose this. i have only photoshop file, i am afraid how can i finish this.

you have to start over.

in non vector files you can downgrade but not upgrade the resolution.

if say your original file was at 120x180 inch @ 300 dpi then you could easily make it 600dpi by cutting the dimensions in half but to take a 12x18 inch image and double the dpi as well as increase the dimensions 5 fold, it will look like throw up when printed.

i know this isnt what you want to hear, but if your client had commissioned the work originally at 300 dpi or didnt specify exact useage then this is on them not you, and you should be compensated for the extra work.

Darryn Cooke
| The New Orange County Graphic designer and Marketing and Advertising Consultant
| Marketing and Advertising blog

This may not be such an issue, depending on how the image will ultimately be viewed. Viewing distance is also a factor. Billboards are printed at 10 to 20 ppi, because when you see it from a distance, it will resolve into a sharp image.

You can read more about that at (I have no relation or personal interest to this website.)

Greg Ledger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back