Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

to anyone that recently took comptia A+ core fundamentals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifix1

Technical User
Dec 31, 2001
US
hi
i take the Comptia A+ core june20th and i'm on my second read of mike myers passport.. where there any ?'s on the exam that took you by surprise?

THANKS FOR ANY REPLIES!!

Just took the core myself and scored a 921,test took about 10 mins with the 20 question min.The questions were suprizing easy...no IRQ, Address's, a lot of printer questions and 3 identify the picture (thats what I missed, a floppy port,but the picture was terrible looked like a child did it LOL) A couple of power questions ,a processer question.Used Mike Myers 4 in 1 and Passport books to get ready. Taking OS in a couplof weeks. Tha questions in MM 4 in 1 book were very much like the real test.
Good Luck Bill

thanks for the reply bill
i'm not good at tests,you made me alittle at ease.

THANKS AGAIN!

Well, I just took the A+ Core Hardware test this afternoon. I studied my a$$ off for the last three weeks just to make sure there was no chance of not passing. The test (in adaptive format) took me 8 minutes to finish. I was dumbfounded. I think, at most, I may have answered 30 questions. That was it.

As for surprise questions, I would have to say no. Everything was pretty much on target. The only real surprise was how few questions I had to answer and how quickly I was done. Sorta felt cheated after studying for so long and having paid $145 to take the test. LOL

Oh well, I'm scheduling the OS portion of the exam for next week. Good luck on your test.

Regards,
TwistedAdmin

Thanks twistedadmin
i'm just a little worry about the dos ?'s i never touched/owned a computer before win98se so i'm not very familiar with dos or win3.x ...that's what worries me..i can get around 98 & 2000...

THANKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back