Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TNT2 PCI card- it is imposible to setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

smaxted

Vendor
Jun 16, 2002
CA
I have posted many questions trying to get this PCI card to work. I have come close but it still wont catch. I heard from I friend of mine that the reason is that the driver can't have WHMS or it has to have WHMS (I have no idea what WHMS is or if I am spelling it correctly). If I am right about this WHMS where can I find the driver and what is WHMS? Could it also be a problem with the mobo? It's an IBM desktop so would I have to change something in bios? I have installed the detonator driver for it (nvidia) but windows still wont accept the driver. Anyways any help would be extremely greatly appreciated Scotty Mac a.k.a smaxted

"Another day, another problem"

I have also this problem and could not solve until now. But mine is a TNT2 AGP.

This is Microsofts definition of what I think you are asking about: The WHQL drivers

"*The purpose of Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) is to ensure the compatibility of hardware with Microsoft Operating Systems. WHQL tests and requirements are based on the Windows Logo Program for hardware. Products that earn the Windows Logo have been tested to ensure they meet Microsoft standards for compatibility on the Windows operating systems designated on the logo."

and you can download them here.

Good Luck

Lilbpaw

Does the IBM have integrated video? I had an aptiva with ATI integrated graphics which would not work with either a ATI Radeon or TNT2 PCI card card. However, my old Voodoo2 and a Voodoo3 I had tried previously worked fine. I tried everything but could not get it to work.

rwise2112: so how did you get it to work did you disable it in the bios? Scotty Mac a.k.a smaxted

"Another day, another problem"

When we change the video card PCI to AGP, we have to change it on BIOS?

smaxted - If you reread my post, I said "I tried everything but could not get it to work".

The funny thing is with the voodoo3, the onboard was automatically disabled (completely disappeared from the device manager). However the system wouldn't even POST with the TNT2 or the Radeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back