Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TNGAM Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
What is the function of clientus or clientws
How can I install yhe Unicenter TNGAM installaton

1. The clientws and us are local stores that AMO uses to cache data, use for differences since last agent scan and have somewhere to go should it not be able to access the network sector)

2. installing AMO? now thats a tough one (and a big one too). I've been at it nearly 4 years and still it doesn't go smoothly!! Good luck!

I have installed AMO on 200 pc's in the last week setting up our system. So far I havent had too much of a problem...
(well kinda :))
Basically as long as the permissions are correct in both directions server > workstation and back again you should be able to do it via SDO or manually.

I found the quickest way, as I was dealing with cash registers that cant be down for long, is to remotely copy the TNGAM folder from any other machine, and then at the command prompt of the workstation run umclient.

I have been able to do it across domains, IP ranges and workgroups all without using one Domain account with access to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back