Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TNB Parsing 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BkMesser

Technical User
May 15, 2006
US
Hi All,

I am trying to convert my tnb to Excel using the mv.xls utility. I am doing this on a vista machine with Excel 2007. I am getting a run time 75 error when I try to load the tnb capture file into it....

It worked fine until I "upgraded" to Vista.
Any ideas??

Thanks,
Brian

Hmmm....maybe something like DEP (data execution prevention - maybe?) websearch for
'DEP Vista' and find out how to turn if off for excel - I think that will fix it...
or maybe it has to do with VBAExcel macro trusted documents? there are alot of variables when it comes to macro's and self executing "stuff"
Good Luck...
30n30w

This problem was driving me nuts also. I am now using the TN parsing utility found on called Conversion Utility. Also, the kicker is you have to make a folder on your C drive called temp. That is where the TNB will be parsed. I am now a happy camper again. Good luck!

Thanks much dualcarbs.... That did the trick. On Vista there is already a Temp file on C.

Have a Star.

Brian

If you have any problems, then please let me know as I'm the one who updates it. I have added in details on the main page contained within the Excel xlsm file explaining why you now need a folder called "temp" for Windows 7.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back