Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN798B PRI to Dialogic 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeepeeLargo

Technical User
Feb 17, 2016
US
Hey guys,

I've got a V6, TN798B-based system I've been trying to set up a PRI to a Dialogic card on. However, after performing the add ds1, add signaling-group and add trunk commands, both ends seem to act like the D-channel isn't even there.

Here's what an ISDN trace on the Dialogic end shows. This is NI-2, but the results seem more or less the same across all flavors;
I've verified the settings on both ends several times, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Is there something I'm missing? I know on larger systems it's necessary to set up a processor interface card, but from what I can tell in the documentation, that's neither required nor even supported in this PBX. For what it's worth, the trunk between the two works fine in a non-ISDN T1 configuration.

Since non-PRI works, sounds like you have the correct cross-over cable between the 2. One system or the other needs to be set as the master for the line signaling. Do this in the "change DS1" and you probably currently have it set for NETWORK. Change this to LINE-SIDE and you should be good to go.

-CL

I actually had it set to HOST as per the Avaya documentation. I tried line-side though, and got the same results. For what it's worth, I also retraced my steps, and noticed that when the link is set to ESF framing in robbed bit mode, the Definity doesn't seem to understand when the Dialogic card goes on or off-hook. Calls to the card on auto signaling mode work fine otherwise, though - it just can't hang up until you do. This might just be an unrelated issue with wink transmit settings (I didn't change anything else to get it to do that; just D4 to ESF), but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

Not sure what type DS1 circuit pack you have but if it's a TN767 I think it needs to be an "E" or better. I don't have access to a V6 but on a V8 you should also have a CLan board installed and on page 2 of the "Sys Maint field put a yes in the pkint 2 field. This enables the packet bus to carry the D channel.

Forgot to add that on page 2 of Sys Maint to also enter the board location of your CLan in the bus-bridge field.
MikeC

It's indeed a TN767E. From what I gather, a packet bus shouldn't be necessary since it's sending the D-channel across the Definity's TDM bus.

This is actually a V8 processor card with V6 translations in it. In theory it shouldn't make a difference (I'm ready to find a C-LAN board for it if the switch will accept it in this mode), but I've noticed subtle things, like how it handles * and # in vectors.

V6 systems needed to have a communication link and communication processor channel programmed to run the D-channel.

Prologics does not have a processor interface card or programming.
ISDN PRI is supported beginning with g3csiv6 for Prologics tn798B, no communication links necessary.

Code:
display system-parameters customer-options               Page   2 of   5   SPE B
                                OPTIONAL FEATURES

ISDN-BRI Trunks? n  Restrict Call Forward Off Net? y
                                [b][COLOR=#CC0000]ISDN-PRI? y[/color][/b]          Secondary Data Module? y

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back