Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN771 w/Duplication

Status
Not open for further replies.

schneiderj

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2007
US
I have a Definity R011i which was just upgraded to the latest version. I have only one TN 771 Maintenance Board. Now, after the upgrade, I suddenly get a Pkt Bus Alarm in one Port Network. If I move the TN 771 from one PN to another the problem moves. Anyone have any idea why this would happen? I just inherited this switch and it is a mess. Also, one Duplication Interface board was unplugged for no apparent reason. This board was reinstalled during the upgrade. Could this be the reason for the Pkt Bus Alarm suddenly appearing? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

DO the commands status health and then status port-network X. X being the PN you want to see. See if you have Bus faults.

There has to be 1 TN771 per port network otherwise you get the alarm you are mentioning.

If you do:

test pkt port-network x it should aborts test 572 with error 1142.- this indicates no maint/test pack is present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back