Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN767 or TN464 which one 4 ISDN PRI - confused? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

piken

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2003
US

My project consists of linking our G3 to a voip gateway we're working on via ISDN PRI and voip users having access to G3's users ext's and outbound calling and vise versus.

voip gateway PRI switch capatibility
Line-side/trunk-side interface
Q.931/Q.921, AT&T 4ESS, DMS 100, Lucent 5E, Network or CPE,
NI2. Feature Group D, E&M Wink, A-Law,Mu-Law & Linear
Groundstart(FXO/FXS) w/ opt. Disc. supervision.

Our current system
G3si - Software G3V6i
We currently use a TN767E V8 ISDN PRI w/FAS

and I want to use message oriented common channel signaling
between the two and since my expertise is limited, (willing to learn thou)I'm trying to implement the SIMPLIST method.

So I start reading before I put out the cash for
and additional circuit pack and just about everything
I read says the TN767E cannot be used for ISDN PRI D channel (unless you have TN555, which we don't) and that you would need to use TN464C.

The TN767 we're using DOES have the D channel on it and we're not using a TN555.

Ok, so with more reading it seems that depending on
what versions of software/rev you're using one can use TN767.

Does this make sense to anyone, just want to try to confirm
that I can use either TN767 or TN464. It appears that the TN767 can be had at a lesser price then the TN464.
And also if it matters what rev. the TN767 is, ie.
"E" or greater and V8 or greater, etc. or would it just
be simpler to get a TN464 and move on.

Any thoughts would be great.

TIA

Can you swap out a TN767 card for TN464 card without making any configuration changes on the PBX?

You have to remove all of the translations associated with that board (trunk members, signaling group, & ds-1 board). Remove the 767 and insert the 464. Let it do it's testing then do a 'list config board xxyzz' and maks sure that the system sees the 464. If it shows 'conflict', physically remove the board and do a 'change circuit-pack' for the port network that the board is in.

Kevin

I swapped out a TN464F for a TN767E but it looks like the d-channel will not come up. I getting a out of service notice when I status the signal group.

Last night I tried removing a TN464F and adding a TN767E. Prior to removing the card I removed the card from the trunk group, deleted the signaling group and deleted the ds1. Then I installed the TN767E, created the ds1, created the signaling group. But, when I checked the status of the signaling group I was saying that it was 'out of service'. I have another TN767E in the PBX already and that seems to be using it's own d-channel fine.

PBX: Prologix G3csi v8

Is there something that I'm missing??? Please help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back