Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN722B and TN464F Keep going out of service

Status
Not open for further replies.

L33tlucid

Technical User
Jul 9, 2009
US
Hello,

I've run into an issue with my telephone switch. I have an Avaya S8170 running CMM and our long distance keeps going out-of-service lately. It started a month or so back and just seemed to fix itself, but more recently it hasn't come back. The way it's setup is its coming from the CSU/DSU over an amphenol cable to the back of a TN464F and then configured internally for B8ZS ESF robbed bit. I originally had a TN722B in there but changed it to a TN464F when I read that the TN722 was old for the CMM. I went through the following troubleshooting tasks to try and resolve the issue, which it was for a good week, but then it failed again just now. Here's what I did:

- Reseat the TN722B and busy/release trunk
- Change the TN722B in 01B18 with another TN722B
- Change the port in the switch from 01B18 to 01A19 including changing the DS1 configuration in the switch and all appropriate settings involved.
- Busy/Release the trunk many more times
- Test Trunk 7 (resulted in Test 136 Abort 2053)
- Disp alarm (received DS1-BD alarm)
- Changed the card to a TN464F in port 01A19
- Changed port back to 01B18 with TN464F and services came back up for one week.

At this point I have no idea what is going on. I'm losing LOS on the CSU/DSU from end user equipment and I don't know why. It seems the card just stops working after a while.

If you have the slightest inclination, please let me know. I'm lost on where to go from here.

Thank you so much.

Update: Now the CSU reads good on both ends but it is still showing Out-of-service.

I unfortunately don't have access to it as it is the local Telco's equipment.

Also, update 2: On port 01B1813, it is constantly connected from the VAL announcements board and the IPSI. I'm not sure if this is hanging the card up for any reason or if this is normal behavior.

I will attempt getting into the CSU.

sounds like you need a csu on site, I would suggest an integrated csc as nothing to configure except on the ds1 board, is it set to other on the ds1 board?

There is one, but we don't have access to it or any knowledge of it. It belongs to our local Telco, and they don't want us touching their stuff. On that note, good news is long distance came back randomly. I was able to trace out to the T1 card and noticed it flickering sporadically so I put in a ticket with the Telco to take a look at it tomorrow. I have a feeling, since the T1 gets line power from the telephone pairs coming in, that the pairs have some sort of voltage introduction or voltage loss causing the card to flicker consistently. We'll see and I'll update tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back