Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN570 Expansion Interface Info 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtodd

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2003
US
Hello All,

I'm looking for information about the TN570A/B/C expansion interface units for the DEFINITY system (G3). I'm mostly interested in the specs on the fiber transceivers themselves. I've plowed through the web to no avail. The Avaya support pages was even less help. I'm looking for users manuals and/or spec sheets.
The questions I'm after...
I heard a rumor and hear-say that these transceivers could be used either on multimode OR singlemode cabling. So I'd like to verify that one way or another. Also, I'd like to know the input sensitivity of the transceiver so I know what my loss budget is on the fiber.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Justin

Justin T. Clausen
Physical Layer Implementation
California State University, Monterey Bay

Hi Jtodd,

There are three different types of transceivers (that I know of):

9823A - Short range
This is a short range multi-mode fiber transceiver used for cable distances of 4900 ft or less.

9823B - Long range
* Supports multi-mode fiber between PPN and EPN to a distance of 25,000 feet (4.73 miles)
* Two transceivers per installation, four if duplication is in effect
* Supports 62.5 or 50 micron multi-mode fiber connection

300A - long range
* Single-mode lightwave transceiver that transmits and receives light up to 115,000 ft. (22 miles or 35 km)
* Single-mode fiber optic cable connects from the lightwave transceiver on 1 EPN carrier to the lightwave transceiver on another PPN or EPN Carrier
* Cable consists of 2 separate 8-10 micron core diameter fiber optic
* Fiber optic connection allows full duplex (simultaneous bi-directional) transmission

Hope this helps a bit.

nknook,

Perfect, thank you!
Any suggestions where there might be a spec sheet?

Justin

Justin T. Clausen
Physical Layer Implementation
California State University, Monterey Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back