Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN464GP LED descriptions? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rejackson

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2005
US
I can't find the descriptions of the 4 status LEDs. I found threads where one of them is referenced but I dont see it in any docs.

Can anyone help?

Typically each circuit pack has three LEDs on the front panel visible at the front of the carrier.
There are some exceptions to this (for example, DS1CONV or IPSI circuit pack) that are
covered later in this section. On most circuit packs, the LEDs indicate the following when lit

Table 66: LED indicators
LED
Color
State Interpretation
Red Alarm The system detected a fault in this circuit pack. The alarm log should contain
an on-board alarm for this circuit pack or one of the maintenance objects
associated with it. The red LED is also lit briefly when a circuit pack is
inserted or reset. If the circuit pack passes its initialization tests, the LED is
extinguished. If a fault is detected, it remains lit.
Green Testing The system is currently running tests on this circuit pack as part of
background maintenance or demand testing. This LED is also lit briefly
during initialization tests when a circuit pack is inserted or reset.
Yellow Busy The circuit pack is currently in use by the system.

Thanks Koglass. I found that. I am trying to find out about the 4 status lights on a TN464 that tell me about the state of the DS1.

Stat Color Condition Notes
1 Green Far end line loop back (LLB) active A near end DS1 circuit pack-initiated line loopback is active at the far end CSU.
1 Yellow Bit error rate (BER) alarm active The error rate from the network exceeds 10^(-4).
1 Solid Red Loss of signal (LOS) from DS1 circuit pack If the DS1 circuit pack fails to send a signal to the CSU module, the top LED on the circuit pack will turn on red.
1 Flashing Red Failed equipment loop back (ELB) test The flash rate is .5 sec. on and off. The problem could be a bad DS1 circuit pack where the problem is between the circuit pack loop back and the edge of the circuit pack, bad wiring between the DS1 and the CSU module, or a bad CSU module.
1 Off Normal Operation
2 Green CSU repeater loop back (RLB) or ELB active
2 Yellow Near end CSU module LLB or PLB active
2 Solid or Randomly Flashing Red Span alarm indicated by STAT3 or STAT4 being active
2 Flashing Red Failed RLB test The flash rate is .5 sec. on and off. Replace the 120A CSU module.
2 Off Normal Operation
3 Green Pulses present If this LED is off. The STAT4 LED will be red, indicating a LFA or LOS from the span. Thus, either STAT3 or STAT4 will always be on if a 120A is present on the circuit pack. Note that some situations may arise where pulses from the span are intermittent. In this case, the LED might go off for several seconds, for example, then come back on . During the several seconds it was off, other status LEDs will indicate alarms.
3 Yellow Bipolar violation (BPV) received from span This LED flashes each time a bipolar violation is received from the network. B8ZS BPV's are not reported.
3 Red CRC or frame bit error from span This LED flashes each time a CRC or bit error is received from the network.
3 Off No pulses This condition triggers the STAT4 red LED.
4 Green Alarm indication signal (AIS) received from span Alarm indication signal. This is the blue alarm, indicating the equipment on the far end is down.
4 Yellow Remote Frame Alarm (RFA) received from span Remote frame alarm. Indicates the far end cannot frame on the DS1 circuit pack's signal.
4 Red Loss of frame alignment (LFA) from span Loss of frame alignment.
4 Off Normal Operation

-CL

Great stuff Lopes1211!

Can I ask what document it comes from?

Not sure. I kept losing it so I stuck it in my own file. I think it may be from the leaflet that cmes with the ICSU 120A2.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back