Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tn2501 VAL Board Editing/Recording software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneman2

MIS
May 7, 1999
US
I just got a VAL Board, it's in and working ....But I would like to edit and record messages. What software has proven to work best. I will also be getting wave files from a third party recording company. Should I request anything from the recording company????

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

when you bought the val board you should have got the val manager software. The val manager (Voice Announcement over LAN manager) allows you to backup, add wav files etc, its easy to use once installed.

jason

Thanks
I do have that software and it installed/working. But it does not provide edit and the ability to convert file type.
I'm looking for a third party software for that end.

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Check out >> it's a open-source editor and does conversions to VAL approvel u-law.

You can also use Windows Soundrecorder. Drop the .wav into Soundrecorder.exe, go to properties and choose convert. I do most of my conversions this way.

Audacity works great too, you can setup your preferences to always save in that format and it's free ...

Hi Guys

I too have a TN2501 VAL-announcement card......I've got a wav file from my client which I need to upload can u guys help me in this case......

Where do i get the Val manager? I dont have one with me....

Thnx in advance guys.....

Robonix.......

Robonix contact me via email, I can help you get that..

chrisccnp@hotmail.com

BuckWeet

We've had excellent lucj with CoolEdit2000 from Syntrillium Software. It's shareware, runs about $60 to register. I'm presenting a class on this at the IAMP (Intl. Assc. of Messaging Professionals) conference this October.

Pete Romfh,
Houston, TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back