Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN2501 Announcement Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETAC

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
CA
I know this issue has been brought up before, but I can't remember if there ever was an outcome. We have been experiencing random problems with the TN2501 Announcement boards loosing their recordings. These locations are not connected to a network, and all recordings are done through the handset, therefore there is no option of backing up the files. We have had this random problem since the boards have come out and at multiple sites, and multiple releases. This particular board in question is HW02 FW006 (the latest). Any help, thanks.

hello,

If you are an Avaya Bussiness Partner check Technical Bulletin No 102. If not, load firmware V7 (you can find at http//support.avaya.com. This will solve the bugs that make the TN2501AP to lose the announcements.

Petran.

I had a similar problem once; I lost all of my recordings for no apparent reason. Turned out that I recorded too much. Apparently you need to leave about 10 seconds of recording time on your card. I don't know if this affects all the versions but it was documented in the Maintenance manuals for my G3V8. Once I deleted an unnecessary recording the rest of the recordings magically reappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back