Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN2302AP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudeEWin

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
US
Is their a newer version of this TN module now? Had this been replaced by another circuit pack?

they have the TN2302AP v3, v11, and v15 now i think is the lastest rev.. but its still a 2302AP pack..

Buck, what is the most stable version? I see the V3's all over but not the v11 or v15

In the future everything will work...

My v11 is reasonably stable now. I had one problem with the trunks locking up but I got a patch for it and it has been stable for months now.

The version 3, 11, etc. are all for the hardware only otherwise they are the same system function. They use different chips and require firmware that is unique to the hardware version so one firmware release may be for hardware 3 or hardware 11 but not both. Each hardware version has its own firmware release.

I have a G3si...what has been a good version, Hardware and Firmware, to use?

We have G3si, G3csi, S8100 and S8700 for most of our systems and I have two hardware versions (i.e. 3 and 11) of the TN2302AP card. We are running firmware release 71 with hardware version 3 and firmware 72 with version 11. We have not had any problems with these versions that I'm aware of. I understand that there are newer versions, maybe 75, that can be downloaded now.

Are the firmware downloads free and something I can do or do I need Avaya/BP.

I am looking to get a v11. Not sure what firmware it has.

Yes, you can get the correct file at Avaya's support website, go to the file download link. Be sure to get the file that explanes how to do the FTP flash upgrade if you have never done it before and review that. let me know if you need help with it, I'll be glad to help if I can.

I also forgot to mention that all of the systems we have are runninng Multivantage rel. 11.1 or higher.

Thank you sir, you answered all my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back