Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN will not acquire

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewerdude

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2003
US
Had a problem with a TN that wouldn't acquire. We outed the phone and the TN from Symposium and rebuilt and still wouldn't acquire. Rebuilt the phone with a different ACD-ID and it DID acquire. Then rebuilt with the proper ACD-ID, and wouldn't work. What would cause this and how can it be resolved?

We get it quite a lot and have been advised by our 'maintainers' that it is corruption - not sure what they do but if we give them the POS ID that won't aquire they manage to clear the corruption on it.
Pop a post on here if you find another solution.

Sorry it might be my terminology - on key 0 - where you see ACD 8999 0 xxxx (it's the xxxx number) perhaps it's the ACD-ID you refer to.

but if we give them the POS ID that won't aquire they manage to clear the corruption on it.
give the bad pos id to your vendor, they can clear it, if not you may need a new vendor. sometimes when a pos id is used the second time the pdata on that pos id was not deleted when the set was outed.. that can be a result of a change on an acd set.. or Gremlins.. you may be able to use the same acd group with a new pos id

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

hmmm.. i was wondering if anyone could post "how to troubleshoot if acquire-TN failed".
i've read so many posts that suggest ACD corruption or POS ID corruption but none of them solved my issue.
in symposium, i use the CS1K's call-server's IP (ELAN) to connect to. the ACD-DN and the ACD-queue with agents and supervisors have been created and tested in CS1K. but they can't be acquired from symposium cc6.0.
can anyone explain why ELAN #16 DISABLE?
thanks.

.stat elan

SERVER TASK: ENABLED
ELAN #: 016 DES: CALLPILOT
APPL_IP_ID: 100 .16 .92 .190 LYR7: ACTIVE EMPTY APPL DISABLE
ELAN #: 032 DES: CS2
APPL_IP_ID: 100 .16 .92 .65 : 0000F800 LYR7: DOWN DSBL

QUOTE: [highlight]"give the bad pos id to your vendor, they can clear it, if not you may need a new vendor."
[/highlight]
I am having the same issue. John, I am assuming that the solution for clearing it does NOT mean reloading the switch and rebooting Symposium...That is the solution my vendor has proposed. Although we can use a different position ID (and the phone acquires), I like my position ID to be a variation of the DN for the phone -- Is there a backdoor they can go into to clear the posID?

Thanks!
Fonchick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back