Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN set to auto answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiospazz

Technical User
Aug 19, 2008
CA
I would like a TN to auto answer when called. I placed a "phantom number" on this TN so that it can be called but there is a radio CCT on it, not a phone. Is there a way to program this TN with auto answer?

The type of switch I'm using is an 81C and this must be an analog TN as it is connected to a radio.

Your question would be better asked in the Nortel: CS1000 (Meridian) systems forum.

Not on a analog, but there are some devices out there like station page adapters that will answer the call, just hook it to the radio instead of the page equipment

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

It sounds more like DISA than Forced Call Answer.
At one time we used it to access microwave orderwire.
Assign a DID or incoming co trunk to permit dial tone via DISA, deny most external calls (COS/COR) but provide a internal trunk access code (ACOD) to the radio circuit on a universal trunk card.

I don't think an Analog TN even if programmed through ACD will do forced call answer.

KE407122

You can lead a horse to water but you can make glue out of him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back