Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN question 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrYotsuya

Technical User
Jun 9, 2011
US
I'm trying to make sense of the wiring here and the guy that knew left! :/

I am looking for the TN for a port labeled "Cabinet 3 Loop 36 unit 5"

I know a TN is L S C U but I cannot for anything find this TN because I dont know what the shelf is nor the Super loop. I found another TN by sheer luck, it was labled "Cabinet 1 loop 11 unit 12" that one was 000 0 11 12

TN 000 0 11 12 VIRTUAL
TYPE VGW
CUST 0
XTRK DB96
ZONE 007

But I cannot find the other, I didnt a prt of all TNS but it was not in there either! Any help would be appreciated!

Looks like you have a CS1000M or something - uses Option 11c cabinets.

In LD 22 - if you do an ISS at the REQ prompt - it'll tell you what you have.

If it is an Option 11C Cabinet or Chassis system upgraded to a CS1000E, Cabinet 0 becomes Loop 0 Shelf 0, Cabinet 1 is Loop 0 Shelf 1, Cabinet 2 is Loop 4 Shelf 0, Cabinet 3 is Loop 4 Shelf 1 and Cabinet 4 is Loop 8 shelf 0.

If it is a CS1000S upgraded to CS1000E it starts with MG 1 being Loop 0 Shelf 1, MG 2 is Loop 4 Shelf 0, MG 3 is Loop 4 Shelf 1 and MG 4 is Loop 8 Shelf 0 for the TN conversion from C U to L S C U to work correctly.

You can purchase a new CS1000E as Chassis or Cabinet. If you get a Chassis system you lose card slots 5 and 6, where as the Cabinet system has cards 5 and 6.

Wayne

Your right Wevertx:
System type is - Communication Server 1000E/CP PM
CP PM - Pentium M 1.4 GHz

And how you described it is exactly how it is, bhassell was right as well, the patch panel still reflects the old wiring scheme so some translation was needed in order for me to find the correct TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back