Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN question 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrYotsuya

Technical User
Jun 9, 2011
US
I'm trying to make sense of the wiring here and the guy that knew left! :/

I am looking for the TN for a port labeled "Cabinet 3 Loop 36 unit 5"

I know a TN is L S C U but I cannot for anything find this TN because I dont know what the shelf is nor the Super loop. I found another TN by sheer luck, it was labled "Cabinet 1 loop 11 unit 12" that one was 000 0 11 12

TN 000 0 11 12 VIRTUAL
TYPE VGW
CUST 0
XTRK DB96
ZONE 007

But I cannot find the other, I didnt a prt of all TNS but it was not in there either! Any help would be appreciated!

It sounds like you have a Option 11 each card is basocally a LOOP and each card will have the UNITS.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I tried doing it the same way "000 0 36 5" but I get the infamous SCH0000, When I did a print all none of them went up to 36. sorry if it sounds noobish!

SCH0121 Loop not specified in config as a terminal loop.

maybe this will help I printed my superloops and got this...non worked with the shelf and unit number I have however:

REQ prt
TYPE supl
SUPL

SUPL SUPT SLOT XPEC0 XPEC1 SHLF ZONE0/1 IPR0/1

000 IPMG ---- -- - - -- - - 0 007 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
1 007 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
004 IPMG ---- -- - - -- - - 0 007 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
1 007 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
008 IPMG ---- -- - - -- - - 0 007 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
1 007 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
096 ---- ---- PHANTOM -- - - --- --- - --- ---------------
100 ---- ---- VIRTUAL -- - - --- --- - --- ---------------
248 ---- ---- VIRTUAL -- - - --- --- - --- ---------------
252 ---- ---- VIRTUAL -- - - --- --- - --- ---------------

(I x'ed out the IPs)

0-0 is the first cabinet
0-0-0 is the first card in the first cabinet
0-0-0-0 is the first phone on the first card of the first cabinet

0-1 is the second cabinet
0-1-0-0 Is the first phone on the first card of the second cabinet
The options are typically for 10 cards per cab (0-9)each holding 16 phones (0-15)

Some of these will be programmed as "other" cards ie T-1/Universal Trunk cards etc. so will not have the same pin outs as analog or digital ports to cross connect to.

Let me clarify, I am dealing with digital phones, I trield trvlr1's method as it seemed most reasonable still nothing!

I have 3 cabinets outside of the main cabinet. they dont appear to be as how you guys are saying so I dont think Its an option 11, I have a CS1000 release 5.

It appears that I have 3 super loops:

I'm sorry to bother, I can read LSCU when its traditionaly done (66 blocks cross connects etc) but this place here is different!!

What type of frame is it? Can you put a digital set on one and id the dn? Then print it. See what tn it is. Do a few until you figure it out.

Is this unit screwed to the wall or "free" standing?

SO it is an opt 11 style cabinet.
When you went through what I wrote, where did things go wrong?

we have three cabinets with phone cards, so for the TN im looking for is:

0-2 Third cabinet
0-2-5 Fifth card (I looked in and verified the amphenol, they are labeled according to the LP number on our patch panel)

0-2-5-5 Fifth phone based on the unit number...I get the SCH0123

Assuming your cabinets still have the standard labels on them. ... Open the cabinet, along the front edge of the shelf where the cards are sitting, you should see a numbering scheme. they should be labelled 1/11/21 under the first card, 2/12/22 under the second and so on. This means that the first cabinet it is card 1, in the second cabinet, it is card 11, in the third it is 21 in the fourth it is 31. So looking at your original scheme you would be looking for card 36, so it should be in the fouth cabinet labelled 36. However, it does say 3rd cabinet in your original question, so I wonder if the original installer missed out a whole cabinet numbering plan when installing it.
Confused yet?
Do you have a phone close by the PBX that you could easily follow back the wiring and cross connects to find where it ends up on the frame? (or tone it back) If so, do a PRT/DNB in LD 11 of that extension, that should allow you to compare the two and possibly work out how the cards correspond with the cross connects.

0-2-5-5 is not the tn. In an option 11 just print 5-5 for example.

RickyPone The newer releases for the old OPT11 (CS1000) cabs now have a "4 barrel" TN just like the "big" boys do.

Thanks for the information. As you can tell I did not know that.

I found it! Thanks trvlr1 and Ricky for pointing me in the right direction!

Trvlr1 your formula was right but here they have the loops rolled into super loops. I looked into the cabinets and each main card in the cabinet had an LED with the Superloop on it! so cabinet 3 had 0041 or 004 1....Then I just used your formula for the rest: 004 1 6 5, BAM (in my Emeril voice) I found the TN activated it and created a new 3902 just to test and it lit up! Appreciate all your help with this puzzling issue! I'm used to just toning out 66 blocks this current setup is new to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back